Tuesday 23 April 2013

First Meeting - Notes

Well thats the first one out the way. Ian at the Masons arms kindly let us use the back room and even supplied a large bowl of delicious chunky chips free of charge! As it turned out we could have just used a normal pub table, since the actual number of folk was only 5  - including myself! Considering the amount of hits I have been getting on the website and especially on the meeting post, maybe I had built my expectations up to an unreasonable level.

To say I was not dissappointed would be a lie. But it could have been worse - I might have been sat all alone looking like a lost tourist... Fortunately a chap I had already met came and brought three more who all share the same interests...and to say we had a lively and varied discussion would be an understatement.

It turned out to be a very enjoyable evening with Alan, Sarah, Peter and Brian. Photos were shared, ideas put forward, personal songs/albums, musical tastes compared, and lots of anecdotes too. I did intend to take a few pictures but totally forgot as we were engrossed in various topics.

Eventually we decided it would be worth meeting again, and I comforted myself on the way home with the thought 'that from small acorns do large oaks grow'.

So i will arrange another 'official' meeting again sometime in the next three months, and I might have another poster/flyer blitz in York to promote it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment